• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Pheonix Inn, New Years Day

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Pheonix Inn, New Years Day

Postby Seth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Back to the birthplace of the VSCC again for New Years Day. Having been driving moderns a bit for the last week it was really nice to have a blast down there in the Herald. It was already rammed by the time I got there at 10:30ish. I luckily managed to find a spot to park not far from the pub and so roughly in the middle of the stretch of road along which every square inch succumbs to parked cars. A number of the vehicles there have become familiar but there's always different stuff to see though I'm pretty sure the numbers of pre-war cars has dwinddled from when we first started going. Perhaps as classics have taken over the hard core of the Vintage crowd are going elsewhere in secret.

Anyway on with some photos.

HC Coop.

Uggers. No debate/discussion required.

I saw the owners of this Transit getting in later on. They looked appropriate.

This Jag, while undeniable 'classic' was very much 'scat in presentation. Almost seemed like the paint might have been a 20 year old cheapo respray that was just flaking off in large chunks. Maybe a victim of the c1990 restoration investment business?

Spreading the word across Europe.

I thought this looked a bit rubbish.

I caught up with the young female owner of this Herald later on.

Attn Trigger etc.

Chopped A40 Somerset (?) was mega cool.

Ye haw!

1982 called etc.

This trundled by and I didn't see it again :( But there was more, better Lancia to come.

Proper old-boy Viva combo.

Holden to all those accessories!

Now here's a right old shed.

This line up reminded me of a film. You know the one. With that cockney bloke in. Gah! its on the tip of my tongue.

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em. That's it.

I must have seen this GK half a dozen times in the last year but its always worthy of a photo.

Here's the superior Lancia. Wonderful!

Parked way past everything else so I took lots of photos, during which time the owners came back and we had a chat.

Has had it about 15 years( 'couldn't afford one now' ) and had to tinker with some wiring issue on the steering column before they could leave.

I spent ages trying to take this photo (either people or cars kept being in the wrong places) so you're having it whatever.

Maserati photo has come out nicely even though its a crop of a landscape shaped picture that didn't quite work...

And another one almost timeless.

Fin.
Link to more: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa65/sethke/Classics%2013/PhoenixNYD/
Not Always Auto

Rootes built Cortinas under licence and just changed the badging.
Seth
IAN DURY

Re: Pheonix Inn, New Years Day

Postby Paul H » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Seth wrote:Uggers. No debate/discussion required.

Agreed, but I still want one.

Seth wrote:This Jag, while undeniable 'classic' was very much 'scat in presentation. Almost seemed like the paint might have been a 20 year old cheapo respray that was just flaking off in large chunks. Maybe a victim of the c1990 restoration investment business?

Another want. Would very happily trundle around it that, and wouldn't change a thing. Spats & steels are just so right on XK120s / 140s. A friend of my uncle's has a black 120 roadster but sadly it's on wires, which imho looks so wrong in comparison.
Paul H
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby trigger » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 am

That red Viva HC for me please, what a hunny.
trigger
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby brammy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:22 pm

That 'shed' is even more amusing when mobile, I saw it pulling a trailer in Camberley (about 6 miles from the Phoenix) last year and it was a sight to behold. Apart from that, none of those cars look familiar to me! I will attend next year, unless work put a spoiler on that again.
brammy
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby Barrett » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:04 pm

I really, really, really, really like the chopped A40
Hoow do I go to my thread ? How do I find my forum ? Howdo I go to the page I am typing?
Barrett
SIR IAN McKELLAN

Advertisement

Return to Bitter Men