• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

My SPC Hunt

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

My SPC Hunt

Postby Vulgalour » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Today, I return from Walsall. I do not return with a Reliant, and with good reason! For £230, or £300 delivered, I could have been the proud* owner of this tastefully* modified British fibreglass classic. Even I found myself very quickly walking away from it.

I knew it was likely going to be an appalling little car, but I'm used to that, I quite like appalling cars. What I wasn't aware of from the advert or the vendor was just how much was amiss and missing.

What you can't see in the above shot is that the door cards are completely missing, the open door is only attached on the top hinge, is cracked, and has chunks missing from the inside. It also has none of the mechanisms for door release or window fitted and only opens with a jiggle. Below you get to see the quality* way in which the wheel nuts have been reattached, and the hilarious* signwriting on the painted side windows. Classy.

There's also some damage, like this whopper of a crack on the rear wing. There's another bit similar on the front wing, same side.

Not to mention the amount of missing parts.

So, if you want a Reliant Rialto that needs a lot of body repair, a door repair, a dashboard, both rear light lenses, a windscreen seal, both door window mechanisms, carpets, new seats, passenger door glass, steering wheel, air filter and box, petrol tank, heater pipes, some wheel nuts, a new set of rear panels/glass (originals painted, passenger side cracked), new locks (all mostly seized), bonnet and gutters, then take yourself over here: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C352928

The chassis may be good and the engine may be good, but we didn't go that far especially since there wasn't even a battery fitted and because there wasn't any point. All signs point this to being an ex-racer, and it is therefore probably completely fubarred.
Vulgalour
Val Doonican

Re: My SPC Hunt

Postby tone_depear » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:28 am

That looks nice*
http://mingebagcitroens.blogspot.co.uk/ - my shit cars, 1998-present.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Advertisement

Return to Bitter Men