• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

hi there!

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Re: hi there!

Postby various » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:57 pm

garycox wrote:What's a Polonez Solitaire? Obviously it's some sort of EXCITING special edition but is it the original one or the Caro-shape?

Hi, it is the caro shape but with single point injection, distributerless electronic ignition, snazzy stripes, alloy wheels, full bodykit, rear spoiler, electric tilt and slide sunroof, electric windows, remote control alarm, central locking, and walnut door cappings dash and centre console! It's like a polish Bentley crossed with a bmw m3, Poland's finest indeed, I'm pretty sure mine is the only 1 in the UK.
FORZA DICANIO

Driving and repairing splendid motor vehicles since 1982
various
IAN BEALE

Postby garycox » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Sounds great! We definitely need pictures of that!

If you want you can email some pictures to me ( g[dot]cox86[at]yahoo[dot]com ) and I'll host them on my Photobucket or whatever, I'm sure people would like to see them!
MINIMUM JOY
garycox
IAN McGASKILL

Advertisement

Postby Barrett » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:55 am

Surely a Polonez Solitaire is named in honor of the gruelling, lonely existence one would expect from driving such a machine? I'm assuming all the seats other than the driver's in your example are in mint, untouched condition?

Also, pics please!
Hoow do I go to my thread ? How do I find my forum ? Howdo I go to the page I am typing?
Barrett
SIR IAN McKELLAN

Advertisement

Postby various » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:17 am

garycox wrote:Sounds great! We definitely need pictures of that!

If you want you can email some pictures to me ( g[dot]cox86[at]yahoo[dot]com ) and I'll host them on my Photobucket or whatever, I'm sure people would like to see them!

Thanks, e-mail sent!
FORZA DICANIO

various
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby various » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:27 am

Barrett wrote:Surely a Polonez Solitaire is named in honor of the gruelling, lonely existence one would expect from driving such a machine? I'm assuming all the seats other than the driver's in your example are in mint, untouched condition?

Also, pics please!

God knows what the fso UK bods were thinking re the silly name! I think they were using the best marketing people in the business.
All joking aside tho the car is pretty terrible the extras on a car for that price new should have been a winner really
I have a letter with the cars paperwork explaining that it was the actuall car displayed at the birmingham motorshow that year
Yes the seats are mint, as is all the interior, just a shame that the body is rusting, I'm planning a very brave restoration, just cosof the rarity of the beast, seems a shame to let a 1 of a kind dissapear, not sure weather to keep the tailgate badges, "motorsport", and "racing"
FORZA DICANIO

various
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby garycox » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:15 am

Here ya go:

MINIMUM JOY
garycox
IAN McGASKILL

Advertisement

Postby Jon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:57 am

Welcome! Did you look to sell your FSO on Ebay recently but have second thoughts and withdraw it? There's a few enthusiasts on another forum who are busy gallantly hoovering up the remaining UK FSOs and one person had looked to buy yours (or a doppelgänger of it) after their Caro had been involved in an accident.

Interestingly, with yours being an ex-motorshow car, there's a good chance I sat in it, as I remember sitting in the drivers' seat of a Caro on the FSO stand one year, with my Dad standing outside waiting patiently. Cue a rather large, unsavoury lecherous chap wearing one of those armless jackets with lots of pockets getting in the passenger seat and striking up a conversation with a 13/14 year old me, all but grooming me whilst my Dad watched on none the wiser! Happy days....
Jon
IAN McSHANE

Advertisement

Postby various » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:08 am

Jon wrote:Welcome! Did you look to sell your FSO on Ebay recently but have second thoughts and withdraw it? There's a few enthusiasts on another forum who are busy gallantly hoovering up the remaining UK FSOs and one person had looked to buy yours (or a doppelgänger of it) after their Caro had been involved in an accident.

Interestingly, with yours being an ex-motorshow car, there's a good chance I sat in it, as I remember sitting in the drivers' seat of a Caro on the FSO stand one year, with my Dad standing outside waiting patiently. Cue a rather large, unsavoury lecherous chap wearing one of those armless jackets with lots of pockets getting in the passenger seat and striking up a conversation with a 13/14 year old me, all but grooming me whilst my Dad watched on none the wiser! Happy days....

I know of this other site you speak of, and yes this is the very same car, there isn't another quite like it I don't think, the previous owner prior to giving it to me did try eBay then thought better of it, he didnt like or trust the people bidding on the car, he is a genuine guy it was never about the money for him, he wanted it to go to a good home, I could offer him a heated damp free garage and my knowledge to restore the car, plus contats in poland for all the parts required, and the promise of owing him to visit the car and even borrow it on the odekend once its sorted, he had heard of me from many uars ago when I had a śeriously large rare fso xllect
FORZA DICANIO

various
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby I.K.Brunel » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:38 am

Wow, that's quite A Thing!
Interior looks quite snazzy, certainly nicer then the bleak spartan ones pre-Caro.
I.K.Brunel
GAFFER

Advertisement

Postby tone_depear » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Cor, that looks brilliant!
http://mingebagcitroens.blogspot.co.uk/ - my shit cars, 1998-present.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Bitter Men