• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Spending other people's money (Part II)

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Re: Spending other people's money (Part II)

Postby Jon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:27 pm

STALKER IAN LEN! Would be interested if Barrett has any ideas re: 3 wheeled car Gary. If not, I'll name it next update.
Jon
IAN McSHANE

Postby Vulgalour » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:25 pm

My first thought was that the three wheeler might be a Frisky, but then I realised that the single wheel is at the wrong end. Trawling through the internet with obscure microcar makers names doesn't help either as pretty much all of the three wheelers have the single wheel at the back, presumably for better stability and stuff.

The closest I can come to anything similar that I know about would be the AC/Thundersley Invacar. Not the later ubiquitous models but the earlier ones that are just as distinctively styled. Unless there's a model I'm missing in the line-up, I think it'll be an invacar type thing but by a different company.
Vulgalour
Val Doonican

Advertisement

Postby Barrett » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:48 pm

Vulgalour wrote:The closest I can come to anything similar that I know about would be the AC/Thundersley Invacar. Not the later ubiquitous models but the earlier ones that are just as distinctively styled. Unless there's a model I'm missing in the line-up, I think it'll be an invacar type thing but by a different company.

Top marks there, it is an Invacar! It's a Harper MkVI (-ish) from the very late 1950s. Probably the best looking conveyance of the lot in my 'umble 'pinion. Looks unusual in red, they were all blue & white as standard. Like many of the various Invacar models, I don't think there are any of these left, so it would be interesting to know what happened to the Antipodean example.

I'm VERY jealous of the little Bambina, a comparative steal with all that was included. Having spent a bit of time travelling in an uprated example recently, I can only imagine long-distance cross NZ travel in a standard car would be absolutely spirit-crushing and unpleasant on every level, therefore I strongly advise you undertake the trip without a trailer or any kind of support vehicle, preferably with as many people on board as possible. Bon chance!
Hoow do I go to my thread ? How do I find my forum ? Howdo I go to the page I am typing?
Barrett
SIR IAN McKELLAN

Advertisement

Postby Vulgalour » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:00 am

Go me and my powers of deduction, and go you for knowing what it is (though that's less of a surprise, really).
Vulgalour
Val Doonican

Advertisement

Previous

Return to Bitter Men