• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

La Croix Aux Mines - French old-car rallying.

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

La Croix Aux Mines - French old-car rallying.

Postby Seth » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:58 pm

I did a thread on RR about this rally but thought I might stick my oar in here and do a bit more of a Scat themed one. Long and short of it: Pre '84 (or thereabouts) rally cars, a closed twisty damp road (the one we wanted to use to get there), spectatiors not really planned for especially not foren ones in silly cars.

We arrived just as a bunch of cars were returning from the top down a tiny side road to make their last run of the morning.

Seeing this 'support' Estaffete cheered me up for not being able to capture the camper we'd seen on our first day.

Sadly, the mega wide arched R8 Gordini I'd seen parked in 'our' town wasn't in attendance.

Go Go, standard Dauphine!

Then, once they'd all done we whizzed back down to the village centre where the village hall was all decked out for lunch (it was about 11:30 and I reckoned lunch might have gone on for a while) But at least we got to see the cars we'd missed on the hill.

Fiat was TOP.

The R5s were the only early shape ones I saw all holiday.

They all just piled into one bit of the car park instead of going to the carefully laid out numbered bays.

Except for the Dauphines.

So, that was that then.
Not Always Auto

Rootes built Cortinas under licence and just changed the badging.
Seth
IAN DURY

Re: La Croix Aux Mines - French old-car rallying.

Postby Jonny69 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:01 pm

I've had to wait a week or so to get some spare time to catch up with the internet, but this was worth the wait. What an excellent looking event.
Jonny69
IAN McSHANE

Advertisement

Return to Bitter Men