• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Stoneleigh Scat Spots

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Stoneleigh Scat Spots

Postby I.K.Brunel » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:42 pm

OK, so today Seth chauffered me to Stoneleigh in Warwickshire for the NATIONAL RESTORATION & AUTOJUMBLE thingy.
Here are some things that happened on the way...
We saw this Land Rover thingy on the A428:
Land Rover S1 by SherpaVanFan, on Flickr

And Seth's Hillman reached the milestone of [1]30,000 miles...
Sethmobile hits 130, 000 miles by SherpaVanFan, on Flickr
(Soz for the crap pic, the driver got in the way. :roll: )

There was also witnessed a TR7 - Sorry no [pics] as I wasn't concentrating, and some horrible Metro that appeared to be piloted by two professional child-snatchers. No apologies for lack of pics of that one, because, well, Metro.

You may recall that a couple of years ago we attended this event as Sellers, to spectacularly poor success. This year, however it was BUY BUY BUY only and armed with wallets bulging* with cash we arrived nice and early to be greeted by a long stream of cars waiting to get into the place. First obvious 'spot' was this delightfully scruffy ADO16. I had hoped it would have one wing missing and be covered in mud (we don't need a road. It's grass!). In actual fact it was driven by a bearded Mr-Twit-alike, and accompanied by a comedically large dog. Much of the car appeared to be constructed of old copies of The Racing Post and copious P38...
Austin 1300 by SherpaVanFan, on Flickr

After an initial sweep of the halls & purchase of some JUNK we went for a wander outside.
Good method of tat transportation
Ford Anglia van by SherpaVanFan, on Flickr
Ford Anglia van by SherpaVanFan, on Flickr

This Cortina had a 'corrosive' warning sticker on the back, doctored to read 'corroded'. We found this amusing. Unlikely Plod, Fireman Sam et al would...
Ford Cortina estate by SherpaVanFan, on Flickr
Ford Cortina estate by SherpaVanFan, on Flickr
Quite nice actually.

More Land Rover action:
Land Rover 88 lightweight by SherpaVanFan, on Flickr
Land Rover 88 lightweight by SherpaVanFan, on Flickr

Lunching occupants spoil view of large Plymouth
Plymouth station wagon by SherpaVanFan, on Flickr

TREES spoil view of Bavarian
BMW 635 CSi by SherpaVanFan, on Flickr

CONE spoils view of Bedford TK
Bedford TK horsebox by SherpaVanFan, on Flickr

MUSTANG spoils view of timber cladding...
Ford Mustang by SherpaVanFan, on Flickr

That's about it, unless you want some pics of traffic from inside Seth's car, which are quite boring.

Anyways, a nice day out, managed to score some of the things on The List of Bits (and a few more aside), and had the usual pleasure of looking at all the utter oddballs, beards and social retards that this event seems to draw.

FIN.
I.K.Brunel
GAFFER

Re: Stoneleigh Scat Spots

Postby Paul H » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:54 pm

Very amusing write-up, and describes the atmosphere very well! Btw, was the quality* and quantity of old car tat / grot up to the usual standard? I wanted to go, but a distinct lack of spare cash ruled it out. Usually a good day out, and often end up finding something that I don't need but can't resist the temptation to buy....
Paul H
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Re: Stoneleigh Scat Spots

Postby Seth » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:22 pm

It's a shame you can't quite see how good/bad that Austin was in the photo.

Seemed reasonably busy 'til the middle of the day Paul. Not much to be looked at in the furthest cowshed but plenty of 'proper' autojumble parts (read scrap) to look through along with the usual business type sellers. I was forced in to buying some late '50s copies of Hot Rod as I only came across one 50s-60s issue of Motorsport that I didn't already have.
Not Always Auto

Rootes built Cortinas under licence and just changed the badging.
Seth
IAN DURY

Advertisement

Return to Bitter Men