• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Boring Old Cars in a Rainy Field...

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Boring Old Cars in a Rainy Field...

Postby I.K.Brunel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:15 pm

What finer* way to spend your Easter Sunday than loafing about in a moist field looking at ancient automobiles?

Even though this event has changed management in recent years, it remains as formulaic as ever, and even more shambolic in terms of getting in to the place. Still, you can go and look at the old planes though as part of the admission (didn't, mind, as I looked at them about two weeks ago and I doubt they'll have morphed into new and exciting exhibits in the interim...)

Wet conditions would have made for some excellent comedic photographs of Sids & Dorises sitting bored in partially-steamed-up British Tin, drinking Bovril and glowering menacingly at anyone taking an interest in the interesting old car they have brought along for other people's interest. Alas, I do not have the luxury of a long-distance Seth_Spec lens to pap such amusing pictures un-noticed. So you'll have to make do with some generic pics of cars. Some of which are dreadful due to my lack of sk1llz, Some of which are made more dreadful by a damp camera. And some of which are just downright shit because of meandering old giffords wandering into shot just at the crucial moment, then spending the next ten minutes giving an informative talk on *insert car here* that contains almost zero factually correct information.

ENJOY*

Here is a tiny car THAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD.

Seriously, this thing was utterly mint. Everything looked brand new. Shame they forgot the roof and got wet. HA HA HA.

Dreadful pic of a peanut Austin. And yes, I have badly photoshopped out a tannoy post. Deal with it.

Zzzzz...

Smiley

To paraphrase an internet meme popular with the young people, 'When you see it, you'll sh*t bricks!!'

Bet it's a pleasure* to work on...

Sorry, this hasn't really got off to a very exciting start, has it?

Someone off 'Operation Yewtree's hit-list arrives

Had me going for a minute there.

I should probably 'shop the fugging pole out of this one too. Grr.

Bloke who owned this seemed enamoured by the 'Yewtree'-spec Roller. Christ knows why.

SUCH a nice colour for old Jagulars.

I think this used to be BLACK
Which was probably preferable to PWP.

Yummy.

SUPER YUMMY.
This actually made me feel a bit giddy. The dashboard was super space-age too.

Can't really work out what this is... V8 Pilot grille, DVLA have it as a Fordson, it's LHD.
Supa kool though. Keep an eye out for those two old geezers at the back. More of them later.

Yeah, cheers for your input, polystyrene cup guy & flat cap guy. You really make this one.

TRUCK PR0N WARNING

£5995 probably not so tempting because DRIZZLE.

This thing used to live in the same field where we used to store our old grot. Looks like it hasn't been cleaned since liberation neither. EXCELLENT.

STANDARD, isn't it.

PRETTY, SUAVE etc.

This thing was AMAZING - photo fails to effectively capture just how much filler was in it - pretty much all the rear door & rear wing were wobbly hand-sculpted pudding.

Several people were all like WTF at this. Couldn't be bothered to try and expain it to them.

GOT WOOD

Nice accessories

Aston spoils view of Arrow.

Ridiculous. Imagine the horror if you bowled up in a MkIII
Note also 'Classic Granada Owner' fashions over the back there.

Best wheeltrims.

Speaker pole again.

Small pics of small cars
Image Image Image

----------- BREAK FOR OVERPRICED CHIPS & SAUSAGE ROLL -----------

This was lovely.

Wonder which is more ancient?

AIRCRAFT CARRIER

Contained suitably miserable-looking occupants

POINTY

Did not have MW dashboard. Disappoint.

Impossible.

UGGERS / CLASSY

This R12 was especially delightful, appearing to have just escaped from 1989 or thereabouts...

More super-hot F-tin.

Another with a bit of a 'survivor' vibe going on...

Wagon-WOW.

Saloon also not unappealing.

Let's end with this amazing/horrible/great/dangerous contraption.

Yowser

Comfort

Yes. DANGER.

Oh look, it's that old dude in the hat again. If you want to think about what each of us will look like in 20-30 years time, it's basically him.

That's your lot. There are other pics but they're too boring even for here. Now go away.
I.K.Brunel
GAFFER

Re: Boring Old Cars in a Rainy Field...

Postby Amazo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:16 am

I.K.Brunel wrote:Speaker pole again.

Just say its the car's aerial. The Kewl Kidz will all have them on their scene cars and we can all snigger in private:
Amazo
IAN McSHANE

Advertisement

Re: Boring Old Cars in a Rainy Field...

Postby Seth » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:00 pm

That looks like a highly acceptable level of damp old cars. I think your mystery hot rod pick up is mostly Ford Prefect.
Not Always Auto

Rootes built Cortinas under licence and just changed the badging.
Seth
IAN DURY

Advertisement

Return to Bitter Men