• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Ace Cafe Classics May.

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Ace Cafe Classics May.

Postby Seth » Wed May 14, 2014 10:44 am

The weather was looking promising for this so I was hoping for a good turnout. Then there was a shower at about 5 and the odd other threatening cloud hanging around, one of which finally struck the Ace at around 7:30, chucking it down for about 15 mins which was a bit annoying. At least those that were there stayed rather than hurrying off and there was some quality Italian steel amongst them.

These two arrived together and were both for sale. Part of a collection I think.

I don't recall seeing a Flaminia coupe at the Ace before.

Shaken/stirred etc.

This 2CV van has/will appear in my spotted thread. Work van for a wooden window restorer, who was doing some work on a house we pass on the way to/from school.

This looks like a nice place to pilot a car from.

Belongs to this.

Vauxhall Silver Aero prototype. POINTY

Ami huit

Shabby chic.

TR6 wheels really do suit a saloon.

AUSTERE

Another luscious Lancia.

PERT

Here's an odd one. The sticker on the side named this one a 'MARTIN 5'. Never heard of such a model so I did some digging (ie looked at Wikipedia). It seems that to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Martin Lilly's ownership of the firm they produced a special edition. There were meant to be ten of them but twelve were made, however the first ten were individually labelled, MARTIN 1 through to MARTIN 10. "The cars were painted Rover Tobacco Leaf with a Rover Mexico Brown model band and finished with a brown vinyl roof with a lighter brown vinyl sunroof."

A Datsun in very good order.

The crock of gold rust at the end of the rainbow.

So there.

Not Always Auto

Rootes built Cortinas under licence and just changed the badging.
Seth
IAN DURY

Re: Ace Cafe Classics May.

Postby garycox » Thu May 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Wow, all of those are lovely!

Except the red/blue 2CV, that's quite horrible.
MINIMUM JOY
garycox
IAN McGASKILL

Advertisement

Return to Bitter Men