• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Buy car, store car, ??? PROFIT

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Re: Buy car, store car, ??? PROFIT

Postby Seth » Mon May 19, 2014 12:30 pm

I think that to hang on to a car you need more than just 'I'll finish it one day.' I think you probably need to still be enthused by it and want it done for yourself. If your tastes/interests have changed and its no longer a car that you can see yourself driving there's not really going to be much point keeping it as its ultimately going to go to someone who does want it. Your own time is likely better spent on the things you do want for yourself.

(not aimed at anyone in particular)
Not Always Auto

Rootes built Cortinas under licence and just changed the badging.
Seth
IAN DURY

Postby Ozzy Mandeus » Mon May 19, 2014 6:14 pm

Agreed. Without the personal involvement of wanting to drive it yourself the motivation to fix things is hard to find. I have already disposed of several vehicles I didn't want any more and now only* have the six or seven project cars that I really, really NEED. :D
Ozzy Mandeus
IAN McSHANE

Advertisement

Postby Ozzy Mandeus » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:32 am

UPDATE - I have seen the light. I sold several things I was never going to get done, all of them went for restoration not bangerdom, managed to turn a profit* on everything.

Now I've only got two elderly project fords, but I did accidently** buy several MGFs with the profit.

*not much profit when you allow for storage that runs into decades

**not actually accidental
Ozzy Mandeus
IAN McSHANE

Advertisement

Previous

Return to Bitter Men