• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

PRI-DAH!

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Re: PRI-DAH!

Postby tone_depear » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:11 pm

xedos wrote:Tone: http://monstayfarm.co.uk NEW WASHROOM FACILITIES FOR 2015. Half of which were broken, but it was still a pleasant enough place to pitch. Low order wooden shack still present..

Blimey, yeah that's the one. New toilet facilities welcome.

This was there whhen I satyed, actually:
ImageIMAG0901 by Tony Lloyd, on Flickr

KIA PROGRESS sounds like a mid sized saloon.
http://mingebagcitroens.blogspot.co.uk/ - my shit cars, 1998-present.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Postby xedos » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:53 pm

KIA PROGRESS: Exhaust fell* off.

Yes, I was going to do this sensibly on OM's lift, but then a neighbour offered me some ramps for a fiver, and I found I could reach the awkward hanger just by driving the front wheels onto the ramps. I panicked a little when the silencer didn't seem to have the same join as the new silencer, but then I realised this was because the whole system is pretty much made of JB weld.

I stupidly didn't buy any new nuts and can't find anything in the spare room, so it'll now have to wait until I can replace the two I had to delicately remove with a junior hacksaw. Friday, then.

I'll still need to visit Mr OM to see if he'll re-attach an exhaust hanger in exchange for beer / beer tokens, but I'll try to get the new one on first.
xedos
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby Ozzy Mandeus » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:15 pm

Oh dear. I'm sure it will sort out :D

Also, I have some ramps I'd have given you for nothing if I'd thought of it earlier!
Ozzy Mandeus
IAN McSHANE

Advertisement

Postby xedos » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:34 pm

ha, no worries. Working in the back lane means every time a car goes past I freak out in case they hit the kia, sticking out more than usual, and knock it off the ramps. I really need to improve the drive.
xedos
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby tone_depear » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:32 pm

My ramps got nicked from my garden by the "Any Old Iron" man. Bastard. :(
http://mingebagcitroens.blogspot.co.uk/ - my shit cars, 1998-present.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Advertisement

Postby xedos » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:37 pm

PRIDE NEWS!
Exhaust slipped* on and definitely isn't using any zip ties because all the hangers are in exactly the right place. Presumably I could heat up / bend the hangers to sit better but where's the fun in that? Zip tie excess hasn't been cut off and catches the ground over bumps, making a noise to scare unprepared passengers.

Talking of passengers, MiL tried to move the seat back and we suspect she may have disconnected the seat rails from the car. Not yet brave enough to check.

Windscreen washer pump doesn't seem to do anything (when I collected the car the switch was in the on position), and both wires leading to it appear to be carrying ~12v regardless of the switch position. I was going to pull the reservoir / pump off on Sunday but family arrived unannounced expecting wood fired pizza oven pizza.

This morning I decided to finally start using it for work as it didn't appear to be raining and I'm yet to replace the wiper blade. It's now accessorised with a trendy unregistered Nectar card, as that's all I could lay my hands on to scrape the ice off the windscreen. Oh, and there's three broken lines in the heated rear window.
xedos
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby xedos » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:49 am

xedos
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby xedos » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Since the spark plugs have been properly attached, I've been getting 42MPG to and fro work, which I think is excellent.

I've just replaced the windscreen washer switch, which hasn't fixed anything.
xedos
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby xedos » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:19 pm

xedos wrote:I've just replaced the windscreen washer switch, which hasn't fixed anything.

Not sure what's going on there. The windscreen washer switch still does nothing. But operating the wipers now washes the screen as well - BONUS.

I'm going to leave the exhaust missing a rubber hanger and stick with the zip tie, for fear of something else breaking instead.
xedos
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby xedos » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:27 pm

I've now racked up a thousand miles (maybe I should have replaced the CV boot already..)

Went driving
Was pleased we didn't need to catch this bus.
xedos
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Previous

Return to Bitter Men