• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

A Stoneleigh Handful

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

A Stoneleigh Handful

Postby Seth » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Hello.

Just a few phone-spots from the Stoneleigh Resto Show on Sunday

This Standard looked rather ianteresting.

YES!

This basically made the day worthwhile.

Not Seth-Luk

This Mini had a great look.

Deffo the best looking Clubman I've seen in recent memory. Or possibly any memory.

I have a feeling out Amazon driving but Riley loving friend would have liked this one.

That's all.

Bye.
Not Always Auto

Rootes built Cortinas under licence and just changed the badging.
Seth
IAN DURY

Re: A Stoneleigh Handful

Postby Paul H » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Seth wrote:I have a feeling out Amazon driving but Riley loving friend would have liked this one.

Indeed he does! 8-) :D Not often that I'm wanting a post war car fitted with wire wheels... :oops: But hey, they aren't chrome :o :lol:

Btw, is the two tone division on the front panel and boot normal? Haven't seen a 4/72 painted in that way before but it looks rather good - if mine, I might be tempted to darken up the colour of the wires to the upper bodywork though*. Always liked BMC's interpretation of the Riley grille as fitted to these and the ADO16s - reminiscent of the fencer's mask grille as fitted to the prewar Riley Sprite two seater, and much more in keeping with the Farina styling than a big chrome radiator in a similar fashion to the One Point Five or the Elf (which looks fine on those cars).

*The other year, I nearly managed to convince my uncle to have the silver painted wires on his Dove Grey MGA redone to match the oxblood interior. Somewhere I have the photoshopped image - looked so much better!
Paul H
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Return to Bitter Men