• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Driving slow old cars slowly.

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Driving slow old cars slowly.

Postby Seth » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:04 pm

I suppose some of these old cars probably aren't all that slow but they were being driven mostly quite slowly, in an autotest sort of fashion. Yes, sit tight folks! It's the VSCC Brooklands Driving Tests!

I'd not been up the test hill on my previous visits. It is quite steep. The cars had to sprint to the top, stop between cones, and then go forwads/backwards forwards etc around corners, stopping between other cones. This pretty much sums up the rest of the days activities too.

A good view from up there. Look at that spaceship in the car park!

It was also possible to look over the section of banking from the bridge at the goings on below.

This chap ahd stopped halfway through this short section to read the map. I shouldn't laugh. I'd be hopeless at this sort of thing too.

The car park/paddock area was witness to some pretty terrifying cornering.

We weren't entirely sure what this was made up from. Mostly Austin. Maybe. The wheels were cast aluminum with brake drums incorprated.

Tight tests not really suited to aero engine'd beasts.

The ex Campbell woodie that is a freind of the Automobarrett.

This looked a bit strange.

Not convinced if this is the handbrake....

The best action seemed to be on the two tests on the end of the old finishing straight, between the banking and the hangar they are preparing to move.

I think this might be worth more than my flat.

Frazer Nash NO DIFF not AE86 GR8 4 DR1FT etc.

The most rubbish car of eVar. Utterly hopeless. PaulW came to the conclusion it was desigend by someone who had only seen toy cars as a ruse to make people think they were buying an actual car. CHEAPER THAN A HORSE. Or something like that.

Morgans not best for grip.

Fin.

Except there's more here if you want. http://s198.photobucket.com/user/sethke/library/Classics%2016/VSCCBrooklands
Not Always Auto

Rootes built Cortinas under licence and just changed the badging.
Seth
IAN DURY

Re: Driving slow old cars slowly.

Postby tone_depear » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:50 pm

I think there's a lot to be said for checking your map en route.

I feel slightly cold and damp just looking at those pictures. Ace.
http://mingebagcitroens.blogspot.co.uk/ - my shit cars, 1998-present.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Advertisement

Return to Bitter Men