• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Simply French day 09/07

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Simply French day 09/07

Postby Barrett » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Popped up to the first annual Simply French day at Beaulieu on Sunday, in the garycox Simca of course. Wasn't really sure what it was going to be like but there was a nice selection of unusual stuff there along with a few modern modded Clios and whatnot. Not a single 2cv in attendance however, probably due to the big national 2cv meeting happening the same weekend - d'oh! There was a smattering of other Citroens though, including a handful of C6s which seem to have been taken to heart by the club members and are fully accepted by the DS owners etc. The space for displayed cars was not huge, but there was probably about 150-odd motors there overall, which seems like a pretty good turnout for a new event. Sadly there were no comedy carved picnic tables or folding-chair mafia that I could see so I had to take some boring photos of cars instead, sorry!

A small line-up of Visas including the ulra-rare C15 pick up just visible. The silver car in the middle is the same on spotted in the car park at Brooklands earlier in the year.

Renault was easily the best represented marque with a nice selection of unusual stuff including 4 Caravelles. The wheels on this example caught my eye - are they from an Alpine?

More nice wheels, this time on a rally-look R8. Great for Mercedes with a three stud pattern...

This lovely R25 is a recent purchase by amiable Autoshiter RobT who we met up and had a chat with on arrival. Mega dashboards on these things

Probably the scattiest Renault there was this tatty pre-facelift R9. I think time has been really kind to this design, though this isn't exactly the best example

This was easily my car of the show. WANT LEVEL: CRITICAL!

There was a surprising number of Simcas there including the well-known modded white 1100 and brilliantly '70s orange Horizon, plus another 1301 daily-driver!

Chatted to some SIMCA MEN for a bit who all seemed friendly enough. Sadly none of them could help when we failed to proceed on the way home... Luckily after a stupidly long wait a nice RAC man came and sorted it out in 15 minutes (may or may not have been directly related to our high-qualz 'repair' of a couple of weeks back). Got home just after 9 in the end, after leaving Boolee at about 3....

MOAR photos here
Hoow do I go to my thread ? How do I find my forum ? Howdo I go to the page I am typing?
Barrett
SIR IAN McKELLAN

Re: Simply French day 09/07

Postby Leonard Hatred » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Lovely stuff, I like the line up shots especially. Are any of the Visas 2 pots? What happened to garycox's Simca?
Leonard Hatred
IAN McSHANE

Advertisement

Postby Spottedlaurel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:24 pm

Was the C15 pickup like that one I saw recently?

1996 Citroen C15D Pickup by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

I can't recall seeing many (any?) before.
Spottedlaurel
IAN McGASKILL

Advertisement

Postby Seth » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Lovely.

This looks pretty horrible.

I'm amused how you seem to have taken only one photo in the museum.
Last edited by Seth on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not Always Auto

Rootes built Cortinas under licence and just changed the badging.
Seth
IAN DURY

Advertisement

Return to Bitter Men