• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Atwell-Wilson and assorted shite.

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Atwell-Wilson and assorted shite.

Postby Seth » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Today some people in rubbish cars invaded a museum that was also holding a major meeting of the Armstrong Siddeley owners club.

There was no room for the rubbish cars so they had to park on the verge opposite.

Some other posh/old cars had been let in though. This is a Stoneleigh, one of those makes of car that did not last long and so no one has heard of any more. About 900cc air cooled flat twin if I recall?

Siddeley owners do it sitting down,

or with clipboards,

or in kilts with corgis.

There were some nice Bristols too, particularly this example which some investigation has shown is a one off built by Bristol themselves.

Rat Look.

The museum itself is not huge but has quite a nice selection of cars, mostly in good condition.

'61 Plymouth is really quite mental.

Split bench.

Super space age dash.

We had fortunatly brought our own milkman do deliver the safest milk.

Top celebrity endorsement.

Model T manual on the front seat of a Honda.

The local estate (in which one house had three rover 25s including a Streetwise) was good for period photography.

Cruising back with GaryCox and Barrett in the Simca we stopped at this garage for some more pictures. Odd really. Price on the pumps was about £1 a litre which puts it at about 2 years ago? But these places are usually blocked off with concrete barriers or such like. Here they'd let vandals run riot.

Could have spent lots of time there setting up better photos but they'll do.

Fairwell.

More photos here. http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa65/sethke/Classics%2012/AtwellWilson/
Not Always Auto

Rootes built Cortinas under licence and just changed the badging.
Seth
IAN DURY

Re: Atwell-Wilson and assorted shite.

Postby I.K.Brunel » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Good work, I particularly like the pez station shots.
irritatingly, I was not far from this today and could have sneaked by.
And being away from home I also missed a Berkeley extravaganza* in Poggleswade. ARSE.
I.K.Brunel
GAFFER

Advertisement

Re: Atwell-Wilson and assorted shite.

Postby trigger » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Great work Seth!, Nice to meet you again this afternoon, I had a brilliant weekend all round, Looking forwards to the next one!
trigger
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Return to Bitter Men