• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Classics on the Green - Croxley

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Classics on the Green - Croxley

Postby Seth » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:51 am

'Like Harpenden but without the atmosphere' is how I had summed up this event in the week before and I think it was true to this expectation. Down on cars this year oddly, though last year was particularly rammed. The weather wasn't quite as good as last week, becoming overcast soon after I got there but I feel that Harpenden is always more lively for being so close to the town such that all the locals turn up and mooch about to look at the funny old cars. I suppose from my point of view Croxley also suffers from being so soon afterwards that quite a few of the cars are familiar. Anyhow, there was enough to keep us entertained for a couple of hours before needing to head home quite early.

Pillarless Arrow.

BMC_Dan lives up to his name with some Farina fetishing.

Run-out Minx model.

'Special' Bedford.

OK, this is not SCAT but brought back happy memories as its the same year/bodystyle as the one we had at our wedding. (All say aaaahhhhhh.)

Fatha_Shovel's Magnette estate now has Austin badging.

This was being piloted by Dave Richards, CCW editor.

All teH badges.

A car for miserable people.

Swallow this.

This guy wasn't part of the show. Just driving by.

What is quite nice at Croxley is the sight of cars on the long slow bumpy drive up past the lines to find a space.

Mini

I've seen this before elsewhere. So you've probably seen a photo of it before. Dunno why I bothered really.

This car has watched too much TV and has square eyes.

Quick fire shot.

A Triumph to finish.

Here's the 60 odd photos I've uploaded.
http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa65/sethke/Classics%2012/CroxleyGreen/
Not Always Auto

Rootes built Cortinas under licence and just changed the badging.
Seth
IAN DURY

Re: Classics on the Green - Croxley

Postby I.K.Brunel » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:02 am

Cheers.
That last pic has just made me do a very loud & uncontrollable LOL in a very quiet office!!
I.K.Brunel
GAFFER

Advertisement

Return to Bitter Men