• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Ginettic Modification

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Re: Ginettic Modification

Postby lowtina » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Ah yes, that's on my list. The warning light was merrily flashing as the wires managed to find something metal! The wiring repairs you did are the only thing keeping the electricity from pouring out of the gaps in the bonnet I think. I'm not convinced there will be any copper in amoungst the black fuzz when I can be bothered to start tidying, but flux will win eventually!

Electronic igntion dug out so perhaps she'll run out of excuses now and start again. I have exactly 10 days left until plod would frown at any continued hooning. And a fresh ticket of safety will take longer than I currently have! :D
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Postby tone_depear » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:27 pm

lowtina wrote:The wiring repairs you did are the only thing keeping the electricity from pouring out of the gaps in the bonnet I think.

I think it was more fun when it used to squirt petrol out of the top of the carb when you stopped. That Weber's ruined it. ;)
http://mingebagcitroens.blogspot.co.uk/ - my shit cars, 1998-present.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Advertisement

Postby Ozzy Mandeus » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Yes. VV carb best* for setting fire to pointy plastic cars.
Ozzy Mandeus
IAN McSHANE

Advertisement

Postby Macoli » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Top thread recovery, I was tempted by this myself - but realised that I didn't need yet another project at the moment.
Macoli
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby lowtina » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Macoli wrote:Top thread recovery, I was tempted by this myself - but realised that I didn't need yet another project at the moment.

Seemless, wasn't it.......... ;)

Yes, I also didn't need another project........ But it's so close to "complete"* that it doesn't count..... ahem......
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby Macoli » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:45 pm

What space is there in each front wheel arch for a motorcycle radiator/heater matrix...?
Macoli
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby lowtina » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:00 am

There's space in those arches for a fair sized donkey I think (should the need arise). Once the zetec goes in I shall re-assess the cooling situation as the zetec isn't a fan of being hot. There's room in the nose cone for Ruth Maddox, her collection of voles AND a ex-racing greyhound so I'm thinking the sierra rad I've been eyeing up should nestle in there nicely......
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby Ozzy Mandeus » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:08 pm

I thought that too! Getting anything into the nosecone (especially something the size of a sierra rad!) is going to be interesting, there isn't really any access.
Ozzy Mandeus
IAN McSHANE

Advertisement

Postby lowtina » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Ha ha! Yes, I never said getting it in would be easy. I've not looked too close but cutting an access underneath might be an option. To be fair, the main thing is to get the air into the holes and on the rad, even in the standard position. Possibly a bib spoiler to channel air in rather than around. I dunno, but I'll make it work somehow!
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby lowtina » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Well, my mk1 sierra estate has gone to its new home this morning (Leeds!). I was sad to see her go but the chap seemed chuffed enough with his purchase so I'm sure it's a good home. That leaves me in a monogomous (pre-2000 and on my drive) relationship with the SPC.

Anyway, between loading a skip with spare bits of house structure and then getting rained on lots, I managed to clean the carb, replace the plugs, add a fuel filter and an electronic ignition. The end result..... the SPC is alive again! Wooo! And seems very happy too.

That's it for now. I'm gonna spend next week driving her until the MoT runs out............. :D
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Bitter Men