• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Ginettic Modification

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Re: Ginettic Modification

Postby garethj » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:12 pm

I've got a few dozen pages printed out from the owners club, back from when the cars were first made. It's got details of things that were improved during the build, problems that owners had and loads of other stuff.

I've also got 2 of Peter Filby's excellent* Kit Car magazines with the G26 in it. Yours for a fiver plus whatever the post office is ripping us off for these days?
garethj
IAN McGASKILL

Postby lowtina » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:56 pm

Oooh, oooh, oooh!! News!! Oooh, oooh!

Mot ran out. I got it up on the ramps with my best torch. I spent a bit of time. I dropped it down. Gosh. I'm gonna be a busy boy!

Big chassis holes in a couple of places. Rotten outriggers. Exhaust, known dead. Front brakes NFG. Dodgy prop angle. Bit of this. Bit of that. Sigh. Oh well.......

First job, pop the replacement exhaust on. Fits like a glove of some kind. Downpipe gasket MIA so popped a new one in. She runs like a Chinese watch now! "Almost" quiet! That said, I quite liked the over run pop so there's a cherry bomb in the workshop with SPC written allllll over it!!

Anyhoo, I also fitted the capri engine mounts I found in the boot (it would seem this was Ginetta's secret plan!). The engine's dropped 20mm. Perfect for a air filter. Not so good for the cooling fan which now hits the bottom hose! Fkggguuug! Not to worry, off whipped the fan.

Then I got busy. Primer and satin black hairysoles purchased. Body prepped. Many rains. Balls.....it'll keep until I make room in the workshop....
Next!! Banded mondeo steels "stolen" from miffed mk3 project in afore mention workshop. Got all unnecessary and sent them for blasting and powder coating..... "A" colour.....

holes in chassis welded. Fibre glass extinguished in places.... Outriggers can wait.

Headlight motorising toyed with...... too much of a fanny for now so it'll keep. I like the "railway points" lever anyhoo....

Front brakes replaced. 260mm RS Turbo discs. Granada calipers, landrover master. "Fixed"!!

Seat belt soon to be replaced. Buckle bolt head has "disolved". Was this ginetta a Naval science project I wonder.... ???

Electrics. Poked. Fog lights are MIA. Could be a fuse, could be a lack of copper in some important wires. It's on the list!

Revelation!! From a distance, it looks like a mk1 Supra! Oooooh, happy days!! That's another "That looks like a......." to add to the list!!
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby tone_depear » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:05 pm

lowtina wrote: First job, pop the replacement exhaust on. Fits like a glove of some kind.

Anyhoo, I also fitted the capri engine mounts I found in the boot

Victory! :D

*claims partial credit*
http://mingebagcitroens.blogspot.co.uk/ - my shit cars, 1998-present.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Advertisement

Postby lowtina » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Credit rewarded! Nice to be able to put them to good use! Very well sourced. :D
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby Ozzy Mandeus » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:29 pm

Fog light malfunction last year was down to the back lights filling with water.
Ozzy Mandeus
IAN McSHANE

Advertisement

Postby lowtina » Tue May 13, 2014 8:47 am

Well, time has passed and many, many things have progressed at various speeds. Some acceptable, others not.

However, the SPC has (aesthetically) regenerated and I thought it only fitting to post the results here. As you can see, it's a very close replica of the German inspiration!

Everything else has been swapped about so often I've lost count however, there is now a "Plan" which will (probably) be adhered to and the SPC will become truly (nearly) wonderful! :D
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby tone_depear » Tue May 13, 2014 8:55 am

:o
http://mingebagcitroens.blogspot.co.uk/ - my shit cars, 1998-present.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Advertisement

Postby I.K.Brunel » Tue May 13, 2014 10:18 am

Oh my!
That looks rather purposeful now. 8-)
I.K.Brunel
GAFFER

Advertisement

Postby Ozzy Mandeus » Tue May 13, 2014 11:18 am

:D

Top work! That looks exactly* the same.
Ozzy Mandeus
IAN McSHANE

Advertisement

Postby Seth » Tue May 13, 2014 11:39 am

One is a performance variant of a low volume sports car containing race orientated modifications and various space-age materials in its construction and the other is a Porsche.
Not Always Auto

Rootes built Cortinas under licence and just changed the badging.
Seth
IAN DURY

Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Bitter Men