• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Ginettic Modification

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Re: Ginettic Modification

Postby lowtina » Tue May 13, 2014 11:45 am

Yup, identical. Apart from the engine being in the wrong end..... and lots of other things..... apart from those, I doubt Porsche's own designers could tell the difference!! ;)

Well, the poor old SPC had to evlove, and she quite likes her happy new exterior! Many, many more people now admire her with chants of "What the f**k is that???!!" and "No, really, what the f**k is that???!!".

One is a performance variant of a low volume sports car containing race orientated modifications and various space-age materials in its construction and the other is a Porsche.

..... exactly............
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Postby xedos » Tue May 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Ozzy Mandeus wrote:They are only teething troubles. It will be a good car soon.

How right you were!
xedos
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby tone_depear » Tue May 13, 2014 11:24 pm

I'm still stuck on :o

I'll respond properly one day...
http://mingebagcitroens.blogspot.co.uk/ - my shit cars, 1998-present.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Advertisement

Postby lowtina » Wed May 14, 2014 8:32 am

Is that a positive :o or a negative :o though??

If it's the satin black thing, I'm also not a huge fan as a rule but the thought of painting wobbly old fibre glass gloss black made my bones sweat so, a more forgiving "black" had to be chosen. The orange bits are gloss if that helps! ;)
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby tone_depear » Wed May 14, 2014 8:46 am

It's an impressed :o

Matt black isn't my cup of tea, but I did ponder having a go at matt-blacking this particular car myself, weirdly. Y'know, once I got round to moving on from stockpiling the correct bits (which I'm very glad have been of use!).

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Advertisement

Postby lowtina » Wed May 14, 2014 9:09 am

Well, that will do me! I did worry that it was a "face-lift too far" but it really does look much better than before and even better in the flesh as my mobile phone is far better as a phone than a camera, interstingly! Yes, it is a little silly but that was the point to be fair! :D

The boot was home to a startling array of "bits". Some have been reused to good affect. My workshop has always been home to a terrifying array of old Ford parts so anything that has fallen off or was about to fall off has been replaced or upgraded. I've even applied the "ginetta" badge to the front, although the plastic part almost immediately separated from the metal backing! :lol: The zetec went in for a while but then had to come out due to engine management glitches that were best left for another day. Waiting in the wings is a mazda MX5 engine and gearbox which I think, will make the SPC into a very usable car.
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby lowtina » Thu May 15, 2014 1:50 pm

More mildly-peeved-that-it's-sunny-and-I-couldn't-find-anywhere-more-bleak than angry but..............

lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby tone_depear » Fri May 16, 2014 4:53 pm

Well played sir.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Advertisement

Previous

Return to Bitter Men