• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Ginettic Modification

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Re: Ginettic Modification

Postby tone_depear » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Sorry about the heater! Must've been fun* in August.

Barrett wrote:Thank god for that, my bank account just heaved a sigh of relief

lowtina wrote:the SPC is now broken

lowtina wrote:south coast

http://mingebagcitroens.blogspot.co.uk/ - my shit cars, 1998-present.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Postby lowtina » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks for the tips Gareth. I've been giving it much thought. My first try at sealing the large hole to the side of the rad with gaffer tape in Wetherby services actually worked a little. SO air by passing the rad is, indeed an issue. I also think the rad is a little blocked. I have a NOS rad somewhere so I'll whang that in for a laugh.

If we still get warm, next option is moving the rad forward of box girder and adding an electric fan. The SPF (Silly plastic fan) is many, many millimetres from the rad so merely kills bugs humanly. That said, the SPC is only unhappy above 60. Around town she's good as gold*.

Tone, do not apologise for the heater control setting. It is a very simple fix. I intended to fix it too. But it was the only thing preventing total meltdown so I lived with it. I found both windows open made it tolerable. Interestingly, run flat tyres can make a noise that actually hurts when they pass a human with an open window at 80. I'm not sure if tyre manufacturers took that into account in the design process....... :roll:
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby tone_depear » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:39 pm

I'd intended to fix it, but instead I took the slightly easier option of selling it before the weather improved!
http://mingebagcitroens.blogspot.co.uk/ - my shit cars, 1998-present.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Advertisement

Postby lowtina » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Clever! Perhaps I should sell it before gravity steps up its game and the exhaust finally meets the earth??
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby garycox » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:14 pm

lowtina wrote:I'm based in Lymington, right in the middle of the south coast pretty much.

Probably slightly too far for the usual RR/AS/MS monthly meet in Yapton then :-(

(although it's an hour from here so only an extra 30mins each way...)
MINIMUM JOY
garycox
IAN McGASKILL

Advertisement

Postby xedos » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:26 pm

:cry:
lowtina wrote:She was bought on Saturday and driven 310 trouble-free...miles back home. It worked beautifully!

Hooray! Sorry we weren't there to see her off. Hope the tea was OK!

lowtina wrote:the SPC is now broken

Balls. Still, it sounds like you know what you're doing with her. We'd have simply been crying to ourselves. Very pleased to hear she's got a new life in a new home, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Also, bonus points for content. There's not much you can post about a car when you can't touch it because it's not yours (or when you can't drive it, I suppose!) You've already driven her more miles than either of the previous two custodians ( I think! )

tone_depear wrote:PRACE BETS NOW

You're just cruel, Tone :D Barrett can't own all the cars in the south.
lowtina wrote:Clever! Perhaps I should sell it before gravity steps up its game and the exhaust finally meets the earth??

Or can he?
xedos
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby lowtina » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Oh not to worry. She will live again. I had a tinker after work tonight. It's not fuel so spark or lack there-of next......

Yes, the cuppa was just the job before the long run back. A big thanks to you guys (and your parents) for the help and hospitality. The "fault list" was useful too! :lol:

I won't be selling her for a while yet. Lots of money to waste first!
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby Ozzy Mandeus » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:32 pm

:D

Just caught up with this after a busy week.. I'm really chuffed it's gone to yet another good home. :lol: Also, I got my mk2 cortina from a guy in bornemouth so it's sort of a north/south sheddy old ford exchange!

Have fun with it!
Ozzy Mandeus
IAN McSHANE

Advertisement

Postby lowtina » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:28 pm

It wasn't a very well used Lotus by any chance was it???

Good to be here. I've been stalking the topic for some time so I feel like I'm in charge of taking over from your handy work now!
lowtina
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Postby Ozzy Mandeus » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:40 pm

No, but it does have a twincam! (zetec...)

Good luck with the car. You can probably tell the wiring I got round to fixing from the rest of the mess because my bits are soldered and shrinkwrapped. Don't forget to wire up the brake warning (fluid level) switch before the next MoT ;)
Ozzy Mandeus
IAN McSHANE

Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Bitter Men