• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Fittest of the Revival.

Where the lost, lonely and mentally ill can now be found chatting about MISERABLE motor vehicles. No O/T posts.

Re: Fittest of the Revival.

Postby Seth » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Could be Derek Bell in that photo, I think he was probably there.

After a couple of days off line I've just started getting some of the action shots sorted.

As Gareth mentioned them here's a couple of planes. Americans in the rain in the morning.

And then some Brits early in the afternoon. I think there was some irony that this Spitfire/Hurricane combo were flying at the same time as the Auto Union/Mercedes display was going on on the track.

I was standing on a slightly raised grass bank, but really, this is not a great deal higher than I was. None of these are cropped images either, taken with a 200mm lens.

The racing saloons are probably closest to a scat'ers heart. Plenty of drifitng going on seeing as it was still raining when they started. This was just the practice/qualifying session too.

Go Borgward!

Most unseemly, an old Auntie getting thrown about in this manner.

This guy got a massive cheer for retaining this angle all the way round the bend.

Other photos of mostly the same cars here:
http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa65/sethke/Classics%2012/GoodwoodRevival/GurneyandSaloons/

Look out on the blue once I've got the Cobra, '60s Sportscars and Silver Arrows up.
Not Always Auto

Rootes built Cortinas under licence and just changed the badging.
Seth
IAN DURY

Re: Fittest of the Revival.

Postby Mash » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:41 pm

I concur, that's definitely Derek Bell.

I also have FAILED to make it to this as yet but I am determined to go one year.

A colleague was showing me a pic of that red caochbuilt Bristol on his phone the other day, snapped it at some services on the way back I think.

Awesome pics as always Seth. Eleventybillion out of ten.
Mash
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Previous

Return to Bitter Men