• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

1998 Ledbury Maestro - £400 ono

Buy, sell & swap your rubbish old cars, parts, accessories & Automobilia here.
Also put Things you have Seen for sale on the net in this bit.

1998 Ledbury Maestro - £400 ono

Postby Vulgalour » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:19 am

I'm biting the bullet and selling this now before the tax expires. This car is a great reliable little thing but it's not for me.

Tax until the end of March 2013, MoT until October 2013
1.3 Rover "Ledbury" Maestro

Rust: Rear driver's arch needs repairing/replacing, the panels are about £25 for this and readily available. Driver's front door needs a repair to the trailing edge corner. Some minor stone chips and blebs as expected.

Mechanicals: May need a rear wheel bearing. Needs a steering rack gaiter fitting (supplied). Otherwise flawless. Rear wash pipe is split and needs replacing, but otherwise works.

Interior: Grubby, but reasonable. Is missing the steering column cowl, parcel shelf and could do with a replacement driver's side parcel shelf support. Some damage to the passenger front door capping from a previous owner's bodge which could do with being replaced. Dash top cracked, as is normal. Headlining fabric sagging from headlining card, this is also normal. Seats are a bit grubby. Everything works as it should.

Exterior trim: Rust hole in rear bumper, cosmetic only. Rear door handle broken, door still works from the inside.

Good points: Sills are perfectly solid, as is the underneath, and requires no welding as far as I can see. All the trim bits and pieces are there on the outside and in reasonable condition. Paint isn't great but does polish up well as is evident in the following pictures. Car is very reliable and regularly returns 30mpg+. High suspension makes light work of speed bumps, combined with the relatively tall and skinny tyres it's also pretty good in the snow even on non-snow tyres. Is fitted with a working immobiliser.

Reason for sale: The car has served it's purpose for me and I no longer need it. This is not the right car for me, but could be the right car for you. I've also got my eye on a certain BX and need the funds for it.

Offers in the region of £400 please.

I'm located in Staveley, Derbyshire, which is just off junction 30 of the M1
Vulgalour
Val Doonican

Re: 1998 Ledbury Maestro - £400 ono

Postby Vulgalour » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:55 pm

I've received a quick sale offer for this car at the bottom end of what I'd accept. If no better offer is made before midnight on Friday, this car will be off to pastures new.

So, if you want to bag a bargain, make me an offer before the weekend. Once it's gone, it's gone.
Vulgalour
Val Doonican

Advertisement

Return to Rogue Traders