• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

Ginetta G26 MS BIKE £700 AGAIN. (Not cos it's shit!)

Buy, sell & swap your rubbish old cars, parts, accessories & Automobilia here.
Also put Things you have Seen for sale on the net in this bit.

Ginetta G26 MS BIKE £700 AGAIN. (Not cos it's shit!)

Postby tone_depear » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:03 pm

A VENDRE £700/€825/swap for something with a foldy-down roof or crx-style targa or something. Basically I have a baseball cap I need to use more.

Selling my lotus TR7 SPC because I'm bored of it not having a fold-down canvas roof. Would make an enjoyable* easy spring/summer project for someone I'd have thought. Ideally someone with a longer attention span than me.

It has an MOT til August or something.

Massively detailed featuring all the horribleness here http://www.moto-scat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54&start=70 and here http://www.moto-scat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75.

Basically it's SORNed, but MOT'd til August/September. The Exhaust is blowy, but I have a stainless one that is specially mode for an actual Ginetta G26 rather than being off a Cortina, which has also been adapted with a hammer so the centre box doesn't clout speedbumps and stuff. (It's very low)

It suffers slightly from water ingress, but a massively fat door seal on one side has improved that slightly. It's also been in a garage in the dry for a few months now, which is ace.

It has swanky new badges as well for front and back which were excruciatingly expensive off the owners club. And it has the poshest kit-kar-specific seats ever made.

It no longer boils over, and is relatively content on a motorway run, or round town. Although the heater is still stuck on hot. But it blows on the screen, which stops it steaming up. So that's basically a feature.

It's a 1.6 4 speed for maximum desirability. It still makes a very pleasing Weber-intake noise and goes fast enough to be fun.

Amusingly, it can come with a crap CD player, or a swanky DAB MP3 player if you like. Negotiable.

Umm, yeah. Anyone? OH, IT'S IN SHEFFIELD OBVIOUSLY.

121003-IMAG0077 by Tony Lloyd, on Flickr

VALUABLE* REG WHEN REARRANGED SPELLS QW6L 72N

Untitled by Tony Lloyd, on Flickr

Modern cars all look the same, etc by Tony Lloyd, on Flickr

Untitled by Tony Lloyd, on Flickr
http://mingebagcitroens.blogspot.co.uk/ - my shit cars, 1998-present.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Re: Ginetta G26 MS BIKE £700

Postby Betterhalf » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:17 pm

After the lovely weather last weekend it seems that I have taken to using this car as a stand on which to dry rugs.

I think it may have been a slightly ambitious car to attempt to learn to drive in although every drive has certainly been memorable. I hadn't evisaged not being able to reach the clutch without having to remove my arse from the seat and as the seat is as far forward as it will go I suspect I ought to sell it.

Consequently this beauty* is back on the market, it has 3 months tax and 2 months test. It's pretty much in identical condition as previously stated in this thread as it has been delightfully polished up and then bleached in the sun again. The interior is definitely less damp smelling and it hasn't seemed to have leaked apart from in the really torrential downpours.

Ideally Im after around £700, although I would consider a swap for something imminently more sensible (preferably with decent fuel economy as I'm about to acquire on a longer commute). I'd recommed that any potential purchaser be at least 5'6" and hold a full UK driving licence.

The car is in Stockton on Tees and has half a tank of fuel, delivery negotiable or we can collect from the nearest station (Thornaby).

Scatters preferred
Betterhalf
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Re: Ginetta G26 MS BIKE £700 AGAIN. (Not cos it's shit!)

Postby xedos » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Deposit taken!
xedos
IAN BEALE

Advertisement

Re: Ginetta G26 MS BIKE £700 AGAIN. (Not cos it's shit!)

Postby Barrett » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Thank god for that, my bank account just heaved a sigh of relief
Hoow do I go to my thread ? How do I find my forum ? Howdo I go to the page I am typing?
Barrett
SIR IAN McKELLAN

Advertisement

Return to Rogue Traders