• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

'91 BX 1.9 TGD Estate - FOR SALE AGAIN - £160

Buy, sell & swap your rubbish old cars, parts, accessories & Automobilia here.
Also put Things you have Seen for sale on the net in this bit.

'91 BX 1.9 TGD Estate - FOR SALE AGAIN - £160

Postby Vulgalour » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:12 pm

EDIT - The car now has no T&T is no more or less rusty than it was and will need collecting as I can't deliver it. It's up at scrap value because if nobody wants it, I'll be scrapping it, which will be a sad end to this fabulous motor - EDIT

I'm selling the BX estate while it still has T&T on it. I need to only have the one car for a while and since I shan't have off road storage for the BX to sort out its handful of issues when I'm well enough to commit to that, it has to go. If it hasn't sold by the end of May, I'll have to scrap it, hence why it's priced quite so low.

It's not an easy decision, but it is the decision I must make. Two cars is too much responsibility for me while I focus on getting well again and if I must keep only one car, then the Princess will always win even though she's less practical, slower and thirstier than Stripey.

For full details, you can visit the blog over on BX Club: http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 44#p209044

There is Tax until the end of June and MoT until the beginning of June. I need the car gone, ideally, by the end of May. I'm only asking the price I've been offered by the scrapyard which is about £200 for a running car.

I've done a lot of the cosmetic work, and found out what's wrong. Primarily you need to be aware of the leaking sump gasket and rocker cover gasket and the fact that welding is required on the inner front wings and one rear wing. The A pillars are solid and I will supply the new waterpump and timing belt that came with the car when I bought it from Dollywobbler. A full set of glowplugs have been fitted very recently by myself as have new sidelight bulbs. The whole car has been cleaned inside and out and destickered with the exception of the bonnet and a couple of stubborn roof stickers. The engine bay has not been fully cleaned, in part because of the oil leaks.

There's a good amount of history with the car and it is, of course, well known. I had planned to keep this car but impending storage issues and my aforementioned health issues means I must part ways with this most reliable of busses.

So, if you have any questions or are at all interested in what could be an excellent BX for very few beans, please do drop me a line.

I know I'm selling it cheap too, I just want as hassle free and easy a sale as possible so I've started it at scrap value. Even if you just need a machine to tool around in for cheap for a month or two and then dispose of it afterwards, this would be ideal for you. I'm located just of J30 of the M1 in Derbyshire.
Last edited by Vulgalour on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vulgalour
Val Doonican

Re: '91 BX 1.9 TGD Estate - £200 ono

Postby garycox » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:16 pm

That's WELL TEMPTING and I don't even particularly like BXs.

Just as well I have literally no money!

Hope it goes to somebody who keeps it on the road rather than just binning it, it looks too good for that (now).
MINIMUM JOY
garycox
IAN McGASKILL

Advertisement

Postby garycox » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Also you need to register to view the BX Club thing.
MINIMUM JOY
garycox
IAN McGASKILL

Advertisement

Postby Vulgalour » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:33 pm

I'd forgotten about the log in thing. Here, try this brown forum link instead: http://autoshite.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16005
Vulgalour
Val Doonican

Advertisement

Re: '91 BX 1.9 TGD Estate - NOT FOR SALE - Storage solved

Postby Vulgalour » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:05 pm

The 'probably definite' offer of storage turned into a 'flat refusal' but an alternative solution has presented itself so the BX can stay and be fixed. What a fuss this has been, but at least I'll have a house moving/house alternative vehicle at my disposal when required.
Vulgalour
Val Doonican

Advertisement

Re: '91 BX 1.9 TGD Estate - NOT FOR SALE - Storage solved

Postby garycox » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Hooray!
MINIMUM JOY
garycox
IAN McGASKILL

Advertisement

Re: '91 BX 1.9 TGD Estate - FOR SALE AGAIN - £160

Postby tone_depear » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:34 am

To the top!
http://mingebagcitroens.blogspot.co.uk/ - my shit cars, 1998-present.

ImageImage
tone_depear
ORIG. MGF fancier

Advertisement

Return to Rogue Traders