• Advertisement
Welcome! If you can see a big advert here, you're not logged in. Log in, or if you're not registered, register, and then log in, and the big ol' advert will disappear. (Subject to admin getting the settings right)

FOR SALE - Beige Maestro 1.3 Base

Buy, sell & swap your rubbish old cars, parts, accessories & Automobilia here.
Also put Things you have Seen for sale on the net in this bit.

FOR SALE - Beige Maestro 1.3 Base

Postby garycox » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:48 pm

As I have 3.5 broken cars and no money, something really has to go.

Sadly, it's gotta be the Maestro.

The MOT's expired, and although I don't think it needs a lot, I haven't got the money/skillz to fix it, at least not soon. It seems pointless having it sat doing nothing.

It's not currently running properly, as a Barrett/vehicle interface meant that the choke mechanism is broken. It can be manipulated manually from the actual carb, but it's either on or off. It also needs a major seervice including looking at the carb, timing etc, as it was running a bit shit for a while before the choke incident. The exhaust is also blowing, I think from the manifold as I've clouted it on a few things. Also needs a tyre, and the heater's bypassed as the pipe behind the dash leaked just after I bought it, and I never got round to fixing it. Mileage is about 49.500.

The metalwork's pretty good for a 28 year old Maestro, the nearside front wing has a small-ish hole where the mud flap used to attach, and both front arches are a little crusty. The rear arch/sill areas were welded for the last MOT, but are not particularly pretty. All the rest is in quite good order though.

The interior's good, it has the much betterer early dash and it's all very brown. Headlining is saggy. The original MW/LW radio works OK. Loads of space in the back with the seats folded.

Has a tow bar, with electrics.

It's taxed til the end of December, the MOT ran out at the start of August.

I'm looking for about £200 including the tax.

B662 DVX / ATV 73Y by cms206, on Flickr

2013 or 1993? by cms206, on Flickr

Austin Maestro by Mick Travis, on Flickr

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_cox/8563708203/" title="1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 Base by GaryCox, on Image
1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 Base by GaryCox, on Flickr

Comes with the centre caps and Montego trims, not the Cosmics obviously. Will need to be collected from Brighton, soonish please.
MINIMUM JOY
garycox
IAN McGASKILL

Return to Rogue Traders